Following the continued expansion and development of services offered by Kingsbridge Private Hospital Sligo, The hospital is currently recruiting for the following positions.
Staff Nurses (Surgical)
- Location: Kingsbridge Private Hospital Sligo
- Hours: Part time, Full time, Temporary or Permanent
- Salary: Please direct all Salary Enquires to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Responsible to: Theatre Manager
- Accountable to: Clinical Nurse Manager
Kingsbridge Private Hospital Sligo are currently looking to recruit Staff Nurses with Surgical and Endoscopy experience to join their Theatre team to provide excellent nursing care, and to actively participate in and contribute to the management of the Unit. Participate in the decontamination, traceability and maintenance of endoscopes and other specialised equipment used in endoscopic and non-endoscopic procedures and providing technical assistance during such procedures.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- To ensure the provision of a high standard of nursing care to patients attending the Endoscopy Unit, working within agreed policies and procedures.
- To provide technical assistance during diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopic procedures, ensuring safe working practice by following agreed guidelines.
- Assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating nursing care, utilizing research findings as appropriate.
- To provide leadership for the Endoscopy team to ensure a high and safe standard of patient care providing supervision and support where appropriate.
- Setting, monitoring and maintaining excellent standards of nursing care in conjunction with the multidisciplinary team.
- Maintaining personal contact with patients, relatives and carers, being sensitive to their needs for courtesy, dignity and privacy and ensuring a friendly environment at all times.
- Managing the Unit in the absence of the Unit Manager.
- Maintaining timely and accurate nursing records and ensuring that confidentiality is respected
- Storing, checking and administering drugs including the intravenous route in accordance with Care ROI policy and NMBI standards.
- To work with minimal supervision in all areas within the specialty including all GI endoscopic procedures, admission and recovery of patients and other related procedures.
- Communicating with and assisting the multidisciplinary team to promote excellence in the delivery of patient care.
- To prioritise own workload and that of other staff ensuring that the Unit is managed effectively.
- To contribute to the local resolution, investigation and follow up action of any informal or formal complaints.
- To participate in the care and maintenance of endoscopes and other specialized equipment, ensuring an agreed standard of decontamination at all times including accurate records of traceability of all endoscopes and associated equipment.
- Co-ordinating the admission of patients.
- Ensuring the safe discharge of all patients from the endoscopy unit.
- Communicating and co-operating with other departments.
- Providing accurate information as required on endoscopy bookings, preparation medications as appropriate, and particularly the notification of incidents and accidents to staff, patients and visitors.
- Maintaining a safe and clean environment within the clinical area in accordance with the Trust Health and Safety, Clinical Risk and Infection Control policies.
- Representing the department at meetings, participating in audit, research, projects and being willing to take on the role of a Link Nurse for areas of clinical expertise.
- Assist in the effective and efficient running of endoscopy lists, collating accurate information about patients and notifying the Theatre Manager and relevant Medical Teams of list changes and patient progress.
- Maintaining and monitoring levels of stock and ensuring there are adequate supplies and that resources are used effectively.
- To take appropriate action to manage unexpected situations and changes, informing the Theatre Manager as necessary.
- To be familiar with and use the computerised system integral to the running of the service.
- To contribute to Clinical Governance, achieving and maintaining the goals and the philosophy of the Endoscopy service.
- To demonstrate a willingness to lead and motivate a team, being an active player providing direction and leadership.
- Key responsibilities include assisting the endoscopist with the procedure and ensuring appropriate documentation is filled out.
Education and Training
- To be responsible for proving patients and carers with up to date information regarding their condition.
- To attend relevant meetings, always communicating effectively and reporting back to the team.
- To identify own training needs and attend relevant study days/courses as agreed with the line manager.
- To participate in the development of appropriate strategies to meet new national and local objectives e.g. clinical governance, risk management
- NMBI registration.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working within the Endoscopy or Surgical setting.
- Ability to assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care according to individual needs
- Ability to effectively prioritise workload and patient care needs
- Demonstrates an understanding of managing resources
- Demonstrates an understanding of clinical risk
- Knowledge of GI diagnosis, treatment and health education
- Demonstrates an understanding of the importance of research and evidence based practice
- Understands the importance of developing self and others.
- Motivated and demonstrates an enthusiasm for the specialty
- Demonstrates a caring and sensitive approach to patient care
- Adaptable and responsive to changing needs
- Ability to use own initiative
- Ability to identify stress in self and others and to take effective action to manage the situation.
- Manual dexterity and an aptitude to work with complex equipment.
- Certificate in Health Studies/ Endoscopy.
- Willingness to lead and motivate staff.
- Experience of undertaking small research or audit project
- Able to explain the principles of mentoring and assessing junior staff.
To apply, please forward a CV to email@example.com
Closing Date for applications is: 4pm, Friday 26th April 2019